Guidelines for Good Art Museum Visitors
- Works of art are fragile. Museums ask visitors not to touch anything. The oils, salts, and acids on our skin can damage works of art.
- Keep a safe distance from art objects, walls, platforms, and cases. Don’t wear a backpack.
- Please don’t run. Lots of people of all ages visit museums.
- Be respectful of other museum visitors by using quiet voices.
- Keep cell phones turned off.
- Museums are big places so stay with your group.
- Because pens and clipboards can damage works of art, please don’t bring them. The museum will supply everything you need.
- Photography regulations vary at each art museum and institution. Check them carefully before bringing a camera.