Starts at 10:15 a.m.
Discover the most richly embellished example of Art Deco architecture to be erected in Philadelphia in the 1920s.
Starts at 6:15 p.m.
Tour the Museum’s American Collection as we celebrate U.S. independence.
Explore the triumphs of underdog artists who achieved personal victories through struggle and perseverance, much like Rocky.
- Tuesday, August 5, 2014, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 13, 2014, Starts at 6:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 19, 2014, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
- Thursday, August 28, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
This tour looks at the history and influences of childhood depictions.
- Thursday, August 7, 2014, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
- Friday, August 15, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Sunday, August 17, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014, Starts at 6:15 p.m.
Tour one of the Museum’s previously hidden treasures. Rich in architectural detail, history and mystique, discover how this passageway will be returned to its former glory as the Gehry project becomes a reality.
- Friday, August 8, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m. (SOLD OUT)
- Tuesday, August 12, 2014, Starts at 2:15 p.m. (SOLD OUT)
- Saturday, August 23, 2014, Starts at 2:15 p.m. (SOLD OUT)
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m. (SOLD OUT)
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Join Erica Warren, Curatorial Fellow in European Decorative Arts, as she tours The Main Dish, an exhibition featuring kitchen and dining objects from utilitarian cookware to whimsical pieces designed to entertain. Drawn from the Museum’s design collection, this exhibition encourages visitors to think more closely about the tools they use in daily life.
10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
This quarterly program is designed for both new and longstanding members. Discover the Museum’s rich history, from our Centennial Exhibition origins to our transition into the new millennium.
This tour explores Jewish art, in its many facets, from venerable 17th-century masterpieces to today’s most cutting-edge creations.
- Thursday, September 4, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 10, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 17, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Saturday, September 27, 2014, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
Explore history’s most notable and elite through period rooms, decorative arts and portraits
- Friday, September 5, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Friday, September 12, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Friday, September 19, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Thursday, September 25, 2014, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
Join Park House Guides on a tour of the Fairmount Water Works.
- Saturday, September 6, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 9, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Thursday, September 18, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Sunday, September 21, 2014, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
Explore the works of the master painter and Philadelphia native, Thomas Eakins.
- Wednesday, September 10, 2014, Starts at 6:15 p.m.
- Thursday, September 11, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Saturday, September 20, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 24, 2014, Starts at 6:15 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Join Nathaniel Stein, the Horace W. Goldsmith Curatorial Fellow in Photography, in celebrating the recent acquisition of Nachtstilleben (Night Still Life), a large-scale color photograph by the internationally renowned contemporary photographer Wolfgang Tillmans. Stein will speak about connections between Tillmans’ work and photographs, prints, and sculptures from the permanent collection.
Young Friends Events & ProgramsThrough a broad range of special events and educational activities organized around the Museum’s world-famous collections, the Young Friends provide a forum for increased appreciation of the arts.
6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Join us for a Young Friends -only tour walking tour of the Museum's Anne d'Harnoncourt Sculpture Garden.
4:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Join us for a private tour with Max Mason, an artist who has painted a number of works displayed at Citizens Bank Park. Following the tour stay to watch the Phillies play against the Seattle Mariners. Young Friends $50, includes tour and a seat in section 110.
6:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
$60 per person
$40 per Young Friends member VIP Tickets
$85 per person
$65 per Young Friends member All standard tickets purchased on the day of the event are $70 per person. Young Friends member and VIP ticket prices do not increase.
The Young Friends of the Philadelphia Museum of Art invite you to experience ARToberfest, an avant-garde inspired beer garden held in the Museum’s rarely seen Vaulted Walkway.The region’s most culturally engaged young professionals will mix and mingle while supporting the Museum in a space rich in architectural detail, history and mystique. Closed to the public since the 1970s, the Vaulted Walkway is the perfect backdrop to celebrate the many beloved works of art purchased through the Young Friends program.