Restored to its original splendor, join us as we explore this Museum’s remarkable ensemble of architecture, landscape, and sculpture.
- Monday, May 20, 2013, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 29, 2013, Starts at 10:15 a.m. (SOLD OUT)
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Join us at The Philadelphia Girls’ Rowing Club house, the first and oldest structure on historic Boat House Row, for a lecture and reception. Explore the deep ties of the boathouse to Philadelphia and the artist Thomas Eakins with Elizabeth Milroy, The Zoe and Dean Pappas Curator of Education, Public Programs. Trolley transportation from the West entrance to and from the event included. This event requires moderate walking, stairs, and standing. Please wear comfortable shoes.
Starts at 10:15 a.m.
Take a scenic stroll along Philadelphia's beautiful Boathouse Row, with a look at sculpture and architecture in close proximity to the Museum. Moderate walking and stairs involved.
Take an in-depth look at the special exhibition “Great and Mighty Things”: Outsider Art from the Jill and Sheldon Bonovitz Collection.
- Wednesday, May 22, 2013, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Friday, May 24, 2013, Starts at 10:15 a.m. (SOLD OUT)
Explore the works of the master painter and Philadelphia native, Thomas Eakins.
- Tuesday, May 28, 2013, Starts at 10:15 a.m. (SOLD OUT)
- Friday, May 31, 2013, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
Starts at 7:30 a.m.
Bus departs from West Entrance.
Paid tickets required
$150 per member; $160 per member guest, includes transportation, guided tour, a prix fixe lunch and all gratuities. Space is limited, and reservations required. Program fee is nonrefundable.
Travel to Mount Vernon Estate, Museum, and Gardens to experience the life and legacies of George Washington including a landscape tour and lunch in a colonial atmosphere. Please note this day will include moderate outdoor walking tours.
Join Park House Guides on a walking tour of the Museum’s Anne d’Harnoncourt Sculpture Garden and view the new Sol LeWitt installation in bloom!
- Thursday, June 6, 2013, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
- Friday, June 14, 2013, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 18, 2013, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
- Friday, June 28, 2013, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
Explore the relationships between Fathers and Sons in our collection, either as the artist or the subject.
- Friday, June 7, 2013, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 12, 2013, Starts at 6:15 p.m.
- Sunday, June 16, 2013, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 26, 2013, Starts at 6:15 p.m.
Often overlooked, the frames in our collections are also works of art. Come discover the “finishing touches” of our Museum’s masterpieces.
- Wednesday, June 5, 2013, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 11, 2013, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Friday, June 21, 2013, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
- Thursday, June 27, 2013, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Free for Members; Member guest $8 (guest tickets do not include admission)
Space is limited and reservations are required.
Learn how to get the most from your new Museum membership, discover the Museum’s rich history, and meet other new members. It’s our way of saying “thanks for joining!”
Starts at 2:15 p.m.
This tour is perfect for first-time or long standing members, providing an overview of some of the Museum's most renowned treasures in a variety of mediums.
5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Free for Patron Members. Space limited; two tickets per member household.
Patron level members are invited to go behind the scenes at the Museum’s historic main building. From the lower level basements up to the roof, explore rarely seen areas of the “Temple on Fairmount.” This event requires moderate walking, stairs, and standing. Please wear comfortable shoes.
Young Friends Events & ProgramsThrough a broad range of special events and educational activities organized around the Museum’s world-famous collections, the Young Friends provide a forum for increased appreciation of the arts.
1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Welcome summer with the Young Friends! Bring your own picnic to enjoy on the garden grounds then join us for a private tour of the Rodin Museum.