11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Discover how local design firm MIO is tackling sustainability, and learn about Farm for the City, the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society’s new urban gardening initiative. Please note: This outing involves moderate walking.
Explore the exhibition Modern Times: American Art 1910–1950 and see how artists like Georgia O’Keeffe, Marsden Hartley, and Jacob Lawrence challenged convention and forged bold new styles.
- Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 6:15 p.m. - 7:15 p.m. (SOLD OUT)
- Saturday, July 21, 2018, 10:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m. (SOLD OUT)
- Sunday, July 29, 2018, 10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. (SOLD OUT)
- Saturday, August 11, 2018, 10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- Thursday, August 16, 2018, 10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- Sunday, August 26, 2018, 10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
Featuring works by famous Philly artists and images inspired by the city’s most colorful characters, this tour is sure to bring out your inner Phanatic.
- Friday, July 20, 2018, 10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. (SOLD OUT)
- Wednesday, July 25, 2018, 6:15 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
Ever look at contemporary art and just scratch your head? Join us for an interactive tour that explores how to look at art of our time in a new way.
- Wednesday, July 25, 2018, 6:15 p.m. - 7:15 p.m. (SOLD OUT)
- Thursday, July 26, 2018, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (SOLD OUT)
5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Free for Members
Free for member guests
The city’s traveling pop-up beer garden visits East Fairmount Park. Enjoy artisan demonstrations and chats about beer history inside a colonial masterpiece.Food and beverages available for purchase. Drink proceeds during Happy Hour (5:00–7:00 p.m.) benefit the Museum. “History of Beer Chat” at 6:30 p.m.
Join a discussion of the fantasy classic The Hearing Trumpet by Leonora Carrington. This talk will be led by a member of our Library staff.To join our book club mailing list, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Offered in conjunction with Modern Times: American Art 1910–1950
- Saturday, August 4, 2018, 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Where else can you visit a medieval cloister, an Indian temple hall, English and French country estates, and a Japanese teahouse in an hour? Join us as we take a walk through time.
- Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- Friday, August 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 6:15 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
- Saturday, August 18, 2018, 10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- Sunday, August 19, 2018, 2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Mingle with Museum staff and other new members in the Rodin Museum’s tranquil Hamilton Garden while enjoying complimentary ice cream from the Franklin Fountain. Then explore one of the world’s great collections of works by Auguste Rodin. Space is limited.
5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Go on a private tour of the artwork on view at Citizens Bank Park with artist Max Mason. A lifelong baseball fan, Mason was commissioned by the Phillies to paint three murals for the stadium. After the tour, watch the Fightin’ Phils play the New York Mets from prime seats.
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Get a behind-the-scenes look at our Photography Studio’s efforts to advance the future of imaging. Also see how our photographers create a visual documentation of the Museum’s rich history.
9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Paid reservations required
Members $25; Patrons and above ($1,500+) receive two complimentary tickets to private tours per year.
Go on a guided tour of the exhibition Face to Face: Portraits of Artists with Peter Barberie, the Brodsky Curator of Photographs, Alfred Stieglitz Center.
Young Friends Events & ProgramsThrough a broad range of special events and educational activities organized around the Museum’s world-famous collections, the Young Friends provide a forum for increased appreciation of the arts.
Sorry, but there are no longer any current events.......
Associates and Chairman’s CouncilThrough unique and diverse events and exclusive access to Museum experts, Associates and Chairman's Council members witness firsthand how their support positively impacts the art, the people, and the programs of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Mix and mingle with other new Associates members at this welcome reception. Then enjoy a private Scandalous tour with one of our Museum guides.
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Get to know Kristina Haugland, our Le Vine Associate Curator of Costume and Textiles. She will talk about her favorite works in the collection and share a few behind-the-scenes stories. A light reception follows.
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Raise a glass to the upcoming year with our newest curators and experts.