Decoration designed and executed by Marc-Louis-Emmanuel Solon, French, 1835 - 1913. Made by Mintons, Ltd., Stoke-on-Trent, England, 1793 - present.
This vase, and its mate, were exhibited at the Centennial Exhibition at the stand of the London china merchant A. B. Daniell and Son, who represented three of the major English ceramic factories: Minton, Worcester and Coalport. The Museum purchased thirteen pieces of ceramics from A. B. Daniell and Son, including this vase and a Worcester ewer and stand also in the Museum's collection. The vases were illustrated in The Masterpieces of the Centennial International Exhibition, where they were described as "beautiful GREEK VASES, modeled after well-known specimens in the British Museum, and decorated … by the celebrated artist M. SOLON, formerly of Sevres, but now in the employ of the Messrs. Minton, of England."