Georg Friedrich Schmidt, German, 1712 - 1775. After a painting by Rembrandt Harmensz. van Rijn, Dutch (active Leiden and Amsterdam), 1606 - 1669.
Made in Berlin, Brandenburg, Germany, Europe Date:
Etching and drypoint, with toolwork toneDimensions:
Plate: 4 7/8 x 3 13/16 inches (12.4 x 9.7 cm)
Sheet: 5 13/16 x 4 3/4 inches (14.8 x 12 cm)Curatorial Department:
Prints, Drawings, and PhotographsObject Location:
Currently not on viewAccession Number:
The Muriel and Philip Berman Gift, acquired from the John S. Phillips bequest of 1876 to the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, with funds contributed by Muriel and Philip Berman, gifts (by exchange) of Lisa Norris Elkins, Bryant W. Langston, Samuel S. White 3rd and Vera White, with additional funds contributed by John Howard McFadden, Jr., Thomas Skelton Harrison, and the Philip H. and A.S.W. Rosenbach Foundation, 1985