The Sheltered Path
Claude Monet, French, 1840 - 1926
Made in France, Europe Date:
Oil on canvasDimensions:
21 5/16 x 25 7/8 inches (54.1 x 65.7 cm)
Framed: 30 7/8 × 35 1/2 × 4 inches (78.4 × 90.2 × 10.2 cm)Curatorial Department:
European PaintingObject Location:
* Gallery 152, European Art 1850-1900, first floor (Toll Gallery)Accession Number:
Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Hughs Norment in honor of William H. Donner, 1972
Sold by the artist to Durand-Ruel, Paris, December 1873; with Durand-Ruel, New York, as of 1943 ; Millard A. Waldheim, U.S., by 1949 . M. Knoedler & Co., London; sold to Mrs. David Annan, Palm Beach, FL, September 1960 ; Mr. and Mrs. Hughs F. Norment; gift to PMA, 1972.
1. Included in the 140th Anniversary exhibition at Durand-Ruel, New York, 1943.
2. According to Wildenstein, 1996, no. 288.
3. Copy of dated receipt in curatorial file.
* Works in the collection are moved off view for many different reasons. Although gallery locations on the website are updated regularly, there is no guarantee that this object will be on display on the day of your visit.