Designed by Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, English, 1812 - 1852. Made by Morel & Seddon, London, 1827 - 1832.
King George IV of England (ruled 1820–30) ordered this Gothic-style bench as part of the furnishings of Windsor Castle. One of four, it was made for room 194, the so-called "Visitors Landing." Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin also designed the London Houses of Parliament (with Sir Charles Barry) and was largely responsible for the revival of the Gothic style in England.