Museum Studies Internship Program
- Museum Staff-Led Tours are offered Tuesdays through Fridays, 12:00–4:00 p.m. There is a $75 lecture fee plus $12 admission per student with valid ID. These tours must be booked at least one month in advance and are subject to staff availability.
- Self-Guided Tours are offered Tuesdays through Sundays, 12:00–4:00 p.m. There is a $12 admission fee per student with valid ID. These tours must be booked at least two weeks in advance.
Sorry, but there are no longer any current events.......
Philadelphia Museum of Art educators and graduate students from Bryn Mawr College, Temple University, the University of Delaware, and the University of Pennsylvania bring objects from the permanent collection to life during a 45-minute conversation in one of the Museum’s two hundred galleries. All programs are subject to change.
- Sunflowers, 1888 or 1889, by Vincent van Gogh
- Thursday, July 7, 2016, Starts at 11:00 a.m.
- Friday, July 8, 2016, Starts at 11:00 a.m.
- Saturday, July 9, 2016, Starts at 11:00 a.m.
- Fountain, 1950 (replica of 1917 original), by Marcel Duchamp
- Thursday, August 4, 2016, Starts at 11:00 a.m.
- Friday, August 5, 2016, Starts at 11:00 a.m.
- Saturday, August 6, 2016, Starts at 11:00 a.m.
What if a museum collection was treated like a musical or choreographic score—existing both as a historical document and as the material for an interpretive performance that could be played at any moment? Join us for this thought experiment at the eighth annual Anne d’Harnoncourt Symposium: Museum as Score. We’ll discuss how the perception of the museum as a static archive is upended in today’s cultural context in which durational, event-based, and experimental artworks, exhibitions, projects, and programs are on the rise.Learn more >>
- Saturday, September 10, 2016, Starts at 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, September 11, 2016, Starts at 10:00 a.m.
For more information, please contact The Division of Education by phone at 215-684-7580, by fax at 215-236-4063, or by e-mail at .