The Membership Volunteers are dedicated to providing exceptional, responsive and empathetic service to all Museum visitors which enhances the visitor experience and encourages them to expand their involvement with the Museum.
A limited number of applicants are accepted for each Membership Volunteer trainee class when the need arises. In addition to the written application and cover letter an interview with Visitor Services Staff and a Membership Volunteer representative is required of all applicants. The Training
Members of The Membership Volunteer Trainee Class must attend 2 Saturday training sessions in April. These sessions are conducted by Visitor and Membership Services in conjunction with Volunteer Services. After successfully completing this training, Membership Volunteer Trainees serve as interns for six months, with veteran volunteers as mentors. Training classes are run on an as needed basis. Qualifications
- Excellent Communication Skills and Pleasant Welcoming Manner
- Able to adapt to changes and work well with the public
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with visitors of all ages and abilities, Museum staff and volunteers of diverse backgrounds
- Well prepared and punctual
- Serve a minimum number of hours staffing the information desks
- Participate in ongoing continuing Education Program and Evaluation Process
- Possess basic computer skills and have a valid email address with reliable access to the internet
- Agree to become a member of the Philadelphia Museum of Art and keep that membership current during the tenure as a volunteer
- Successful completion of a criminal background check
- Be able to hear visitors and respond in a clear and audible voice in an area with significant ambient noise levels.
- Ability to greet and usher visitors for a three hour shift
- Ability to understand and communicate Membership benefits and assist in the sale and renewal of PMA Memberships
Prospective volunteers must submit a cover letter and completed application form. Applications may be downloaded below. The receipt of your application will be acknowledged. Please return the application and cover letter to: Philadelphia Museum of Art Volunteer Services Department
P.O. Box 7646
Philadelphia, PA 19101-7646 Tel.: 215-684-7920
Download a Copy of the Application
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print this PDF file.
View and print the Volunteer Application. [33 KB]
If you are unable to download the application, contact Volunteer Services and request that it be sent to you via regular mail.
For more information, please contact Volunteer Services by phone at (215) 684-7920, or by fax at (215) 236-5315.