Museum Studies InternshipJune 10 - August 9, 2013 The Museum Studies Internship Program is an unpaid volunteer internship opportunity that exposes interns to the inner workings of a major metropolitan museum, promoting an awareness of careers in the field through experiences not available in most academic settings. The Museum selects a diverse group of talented undergraduate and graduate students from a highly competitive, international pool of candidates.
EligibilityThe Museum Studies Internship Program offers unpaid volunteer internships each summer to applicants who:
- are currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students, or who have graduated within the same calendar year as the Internship;
- have completed at least their sophomore year of college by the end of the 2013 spring semester;
- have maintained at least a 3.0 grade point average.
About the ProgramThe program runs Monday through Friday, for nine weeks. The Internship is made up of two parts: Interns work for three and one-half days per week in a Museum department; one and one-half days a week they participate in a Museum Studies course.
- Interns are placed according to departmental needs that vary from year to year. See a list of past placements.
- Discover more about the Museum Studies element of the Internship.
How to ApplyAll Applications must be postmarked by January 31, 2013. Applicants must submit:
- the application (see the link below);
- an official, sealed academic transcript;
- two letters of recommendation from current or former college professors, academic advisors or recent/current employers;
- a résumé or curriculum vitae;
- 2 short essays describing the skills, abilities, and experiences that the candidate brings to the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the position he/she desires.
Download a Copy of the ApplicationView and print the Museum Studies Internship application. If you are unable to download the application, contact and request that it be sent to you via regular mail.
For more information, please contact the Museum Studies Internship Program by phone at (215) 684-7592, by fax at (215) 236-4063, or by e-mail at .