The facilities documented in this subseries operated in various ways as extensions of the Museum. Constructed for the City's Centennial Exhibition, Memorial Hall was the first home of the art museum and at the time of Kimball's arrival still served as such. Most of this material documents the Museum's dwindling relationship with the building.
As reflected in its changing letterhead, the name and relationship of the Museum and its school underwent various organizational changes. These files consist mainly of correspondence between Kimball and the school principals, namely Edmondson Hussey, Edward Warwick and E.M. Benson, the Museum's Chief of the Division of Education, who in 1951 assumed Warwick's position. A limited amount of correspondence comprises the files of the 69th Street Branch, the Rodin Museum and the Fleisher Art Memorial.