Originally entitled the Pennsylvania Museum and School of Industrial Art, the Museum was committed to maintaining schools for the training of young artists. The School of Industrial Art was incorporated with the Museum in 1876 and separated from the PMA in 1964. Currently its name is The University of the Arts College of Art and Design. The Textile School was created in 1884 and severed ties in 1948. It was then called the Philadelphia Textile Institute, now the Philadelphia College of Textiles and Science.