Historical Note


The W. P. Wilstach Collection of art was bequeathed to the city in 1892 following the probate of Anna H. Wilstach's will. Originally administered by the Commissioners of Fairmount Park and a Wilstach Committee, the PMA acquired custodianship in 1917 when Director Langdon Warner was appointed Curator of the Collection. Currently, the Commissioners continue to administer the collection while custody remains with the Museum.