Teapot and Cover
Made by the Firm of Charles Meigh, Hanley, Staffordshire, England, active 1835 to 1861
The firm of Charles Meigh was one of the first in England to produce ceramics in the mid-nineteenth-century Gothic Revival style. In 1842 Meigh designed a jug decorated with Gothic (pointed) arches and figures of the Apostles. The jug proved to be so popular that seven years later Meigh designed this similarly ornamented teapot, part of a tea service.